Thursday 12 January 2012

Production of Ancillary work: Carry on create my digipak

After trying out a few fonts I have decided to go with CaptureIt2. The reason for this is that i feel that it relates well with my genre and also the it goes with the urban theme that I initially wanted to go with. Now that i have selected what font I am going to use, I was now faced with the task of editing and cropping my image of my artist that would go on my front cover. Below are some of the steps I took to do so:

I used the Magic wand tool to Delete the background out, as you can see in the top left hand corner i had to reduce the tolerance to about 15. I did this to make the Magic wand tool less sensitive to colour, which in turn would make it easier to crop out my artist from the background. 
After doing this, the image still had my artists neck and shoulders in it.  So to get rid of them; as I only wanted my artist face, I used the Polygonal lasso tool. I used this because it was the easiest and most effective way to select a specific section of an image.

I then adjusted the Saturation to -100 to make my image Grayscale.
Then I ever so slightly adjusted the input levels, to give my image a sort of shadowy effect. Which I thought mad my picture look quite cool.
This is as far as I got that lesson, as you can see it isn't much; but I hope to improve it in my next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment