Tuesday 17 January 2012

Images taken for Digipak

Images For Digipak 
The first time we took images, we did not have the conventional electro pop items : sunglasses and headphones which led to a secondary photo shoot in which I had the items required to conform to conventions. Scrapping the idea of the drake album cover (smart attire with strobe lights inside of the clothes) as it was a little too "formal" for an informal electro pop artist, resulting in me wearing a simple grey T shirt easy to cut out in photoshop. Asilhan had insisted that I should not shave in which I agreed and the quality of the images illustrated far better than the eye bringing out the facial hair on my cheeks. This was a mentioned a series of times before, to create a rough weekend/hangover look which effectively just relates more heavily to the informal register used by Electropop artists.
The image above was one of my least favourites. Conforming well to the characteristics but bothering me that the sunglasses we on which I just felt was a little out of place, because I want my fans to see me looking at them as they pick up my digipak. The glasses were the same ones used in the music video allowing for a small visual of my eyes but with predicted editing of the image the shot will not be what I want on my digipak.
This image is better excluding te sunglasses allows for eye to eye contact with the fan which is what I intended for. The headphones remain in place as it is a prop that can connote many things, and reflects the passion of music with my artist. I also like the simpleness with the photo, not to stressed. Very calm and casual, perfect for the electropop genre.
This image was just something additional for the fan, It looks very similar to being in a recording booth. So the idea of doing an additional leaflet / panel for the additional extra for the digipak's value. Perhaps photoshopping a mic in the image with me to create a behind the scenes style photo for the fans as I do not look like I was ready for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment