Friday 20 January 2012

Coloured Eyes

Coloured Eyes 

During my weekend I came across UK rapper Chipmunks - Beast music video and the video is entirely in black and white. The clip that caught my eye and inspired me was when Chipmunk lifts up his sunglasses and reveals his animalistic contact lenses relating to his song 'Beast'. Taking this concept into consideration I thought in addition to the black and white image of me on my digipak cover to make my eyes a normal colour with the black and white contrast for a great effect, reflecting electropop.
The process consisted of firstly using the magic wand to select the desired part of the image, in this case being my eyes. When done, all I had to do was invert the colours making my face black and white and effectively keeping my eye colour the same. When this was done it was a matter of experimentation, finding the right colour that suited the theme of the digipak. I went for purple as the colours of electro pop derive from strobe lights so neon colours: blues, reds, purples etc.
As a substitute for sunglasses this worked also as a convention, connoting that electro pop is inside of me. A clear reference to the title of the digipak I Am Electropop

No comments:

Post a Comment