Tuesday 17 January 2012

Image intertextuality

Image intertextuality 
Without the editing of the image, it is notable what acted as a heavy influence to the creation of I am Electropop as we can quickly identify similar characteristics. Firstly, with the exclusion of the sunglasses the position of the face and facial expression we can see a default lack of expression and informality associated with both the images.
Not highly noticeable in my image but the facial hair also acts as image intertextuality as we can clearly see Calvin Harris's facial hair reflected slightly in my own image but not as clearly.
This image shows me experimenting with the saturation of the image to make it look black and white. Personally, I do not feel this effect is compelling enough unless done well but with the contrasting barrage of different coloured blocks on my digipak, will lead to a very neat and tidy contrast. We can also the see the image looking more and more like Calvin Harris's I created Disco Image.
Playing with the levels of the image saw my face go a lot darker or lighter which makes a far more defined contrast on the colourful background. As well as conforming more and more with Calvin Harris's image which was the primary inspiration for the digipak image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment