Friday 27 January 2012

Evaluation Question 2

2) How effective is the combination of your main product (video) and ancillary texts (digipak and advertisement)?
Our media music video, conformed heavily to the 21st century revival of Electropop including the expected electro pop conventions. My ancillary work was inspired by the originators of electro pop, this includes using a lot of bright colours. However I  did use a series of more up to date element to my ancillary work for a step into the future. This allows for my artist to be very flexible with my target audience, appealing to "old school" fans of electro pop  and the "new school."
As I am the creator of these media products, I am expected to know the similarities. The audience is not going to be familiar with the aims and goals of the music video or the the ancillary products. However there are a few similarities that I feel the audience will definitely take note of. The most noticeable one in my opinion is the attire, the smart casual attire links really well with the interior panels of my digipak showing very  noticeable reference. This would also appeal to older fans of the genre as they will be able to note that the elecropop hasn't been "diluted" as time has progressed. Another notable feature is the colours used in the production of ancillary to the general lighting in the music video. On the other hand the darkness also has huge reference to the ancillary work, by turning a bad situation to a good one and reating the poor lighting to the nightlife. The ability to enhance clips of Final Cut Pro made them look very natural and hopefully the audience are not put off by the darkness and look beyond it to see the significant elements to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment