Saturday 28 January 2012

Evaluation Question 4

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

After completing our video we were taken on a trip by the media department to The Screen on the Green cinema, where all the music videos from the entire A2 year would be showcased. In my opinion this was an invaluable experience, as we were able to see an audience's reaction to our music video and also faced with the possibility of receiving individual feedback.

The video below was recorded by one of my other group members Asilhan on the day of the screening. As you can see from the comments that were filmed, we were given great feedback. This was also consistently true for all the other feedback we have received throughout the editing process from our peers and online via Facebook.

Here is just a few of the comments we received on Facebook from when we all individually posted the link. As you can see most of the feedback was positive. However we did receive some constructive criticism in there as well, which I am quite pleased about. Because without constructive criticism it would be totally pointless of us putting the link to our video on Facebook other than to get an ego boost from people telling us our video was "Awesome" etc.


Below you can see an image I created using a brainstorm creation tool (bubbl.us) which compiles together several comments I received via Facebook in response to my ancillary work. Many positive things were said, but there were quite a few suggestions and things to think about too.


Click to enlarge.
In particular one comment got my attention "Maybe just one too many images of the artist used in the advert" this piece of criticism is correct in my opinion - I agree with this person. The only reason why there are 3 images of my artist on my advert is that on the right hand side there was a big black space, like to say something was missing. So to get rid of it I added an image of my artist face. Looking back on it i still would have done the same thing because in a way I am fulfilling a major convention of a digipak, which is to promote my artist and raise awareness about him or her.

No comments:

Post a Comment