Sunday 22 January 2012

EVALUATION QUESTION 3 - How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

In my research, planning, construction and evaluation stages the use of media technologies helped me construct my work.

When first researching for songs for our potential songs list, I used Youtube as my main source as well as listening to radio stations such as Capital fm, kiss fm and Kerrang radio as I personally wanted to do a rock song. Music channels such as 4music and viva also helped me finding out about new music videos and singles.

Youtube showed me how different music videos are when in different genres E.g. Asking Alexandria - The Final Episode (Metalcore) and N-Dubx ft. Bodyrox - We Dance On (Hip Hop, R&B, Grime).
You can see how music videos change according to its genre. mise-en-scene, location and editing has to all match the genre for the music video to be successful.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLQBebfEXpc


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1BkR760o94&feature=relmfu









I also used Facebook as a way for me to find out more, as people share videos of what they like to listen to as well as what they like to see in music videos.
After deciding with my group what song we will be doing our music video to (Calvin Harris - Flashback) we started looking at videos on youtube in the same/similar genre as us. I checked out a few videos that I knew already but also used the suggestion tool which helped me a lot to find music videos I didn't know about as I don't know much in the electro-pop genre. I also randomly went on music videos that had a high number of views as I knew that having a big number of views means that it is a successful video.



When it came to planning our music video I decided to go on vimeo and blogger to check out past students work as it might inspire me.

                

As well taking images with a digital camera (Panasonic Lumix dumc-fs10) of the locations we wanted to film we also used google maps to check out other locations



After planning where we want to film our music video we did an animatic which you can find the link below

         

Here is a prezi I have made to show other media technology I used in my research, planning, construction and evaluation stages







Another media technology I used was my phone, Blackberry 9780. As technologies have been converging lately mobile phones can now do many tasks including recording videos which I used as an advantage. I recorded peoples reactions of our music video with my phone as you will see on my evaluation question 4 blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment