Wednesday 14 December 2011

Planning for Digipak: FONTS

While designing my mock-up of my digipak I took some pictures to show where i got my ideas/insiration from. David Guetta a well known dj who is known i nthe genres house music, electro pop and r&b has used many different fonts in his albums. This font from the album 'Nothing but the beat' caught my eye the most. I believe the font looks futuristic and eye catchy.
I have tried it out on my mock-up of my front panel to see how it goes with my album.
 

 When it came to finding a good font to use for my album title, I saw the font Example used for his album title in his album 'Playing in the shadows'. Looking very plain and simple does the job as I believe if you use to many exoctic fonts it would clash with eachother and not make your digipak look good.

 When deciding to what font to use for my track list i decided to use a dot matrix type of font to represent that the music is very technological. Although we was told to try stick with 2 fonts I want to first try out how these 3 fonts go together. 
The word 'Tracks' will be in the same colour and font as the albums title to make it look consistent.
 


I have also used the website www.cooltext.com  to check out other fonts I may want to use.
I looked at mosty futuristic/techo font types.
Here are some fonts that caught my eye which I may consider using: 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment