Friday 16 December 2011

Getting started on my digipak

Production of ancillary work

I have finally began producing my digipak using Photoshop. Below are some screenshots I have taken. 

(Please click on the images to see them enlarged)

Before I entered in any text, I opened up a programme called FontCase which has many different, unique & exciting fonts to chose from (unlike Final Cut Pro). When I saw some fonts that I may potentially use, I clicked on it, right-clicked and selected 'activate', after doing this the font I chose imported itself directly into Final Cut Pro ready for me to use (I was sble to import as many as I wanted). I had to note down the name of the fonts though so that I wouldn't forget and so it would be much easier to find!


Luckily, I was able to find the fonts I previously had in mind to use, so I used them and started creating my digipak.



As you can see, I have used a black background which I had already planned to use. 




I've used the 'Battle star' font for the name of the artist, and the dotted style font called 'Movie', for the name of the album. I will use yellow and white for the colour of my fonts throughout my digipak and advertisement.




Although I did not complete the front of the digipak, I started working on the back - creating the disco light effects that I wanted. I did this by using the shapes tool to create circles on top of eachother. I then changed the opacity to all of the circles (to about 20%) so that they almost looked see-through, and so you could see them over-lapping each other. I purposely created more yellow and white coloured circles to stick to the colour scheme of my yellow and white fonts.

No comments:

Post a Comment