Saturday 3 December 2011

My first go at making a digipak

In our second lesson about digipaks we was given the task to create an albums cover, front and back. We had 4 images to pick from if we wanted our artist to appear on the album cover. All 4 images was pictures of Dan, another media teacher at the college.

We used the program Photoshop Elements, it was my first go using this program which did result to me having problems to how to use the program. I wasn't able to do the effects i wanted on the album and also it took me a while to do simple tasks on the program as I was stil getting used to it.

Here is my first go at making a digipak:


As you can see it isn't a great outcome but I believe for my first go it looks ok. Very basic and missing some things such as the record label name/logo, distributor, producer and price. 
Also I believe it looks to plain and boring, The placement the artists name (Dan) and the album name (inspiration) looks dull and also on the back of the album the track names are not all in line. 


After my first atempt at making an album cover I feel like I have learnt how much effort and thought will be needed to be put into the creating of the album. It has also made me think of the usage of some graphic designs as my genre is electropop.

No comments:

Post a Comment