Thursday 8 December 2011

Fonts

FONTS

Excluding the image and colours, the chosen font plays a huge role in the cd/digipak allowing for the buyers to quickly identify the artist's name and album. So the fonts most importantly have to be readable and stand out. Looking at the following CD covers we can see that all fonts in the chosen genre clearly stand out with a solid dark colour or bright colour with a contrasting background to really make them stand out. Generally their name is bigger than the album name as to promote the artist most importantly but is not a necessity.

Due to the urban, informal feel of todays electro pop I went on to fontcase with the intention of finding a gritty feeling text but nothing too exaggerated. Something readable and unique. I came across the font Bison. A font easily readable with a bit of sway on the letters and cuts. This is idealy what I was looking for so this will be my font for the my artist's name. Other contestable fonts include Disco Deck with a self explanatory name but also very retro and unique like David Guetta's font and the font 321 Impact, very similar to Bison but it gives off a more menacing feel which I was not going for and I personally feel Bison looks better.

No comments:

Post a Comment