Thursday 22 September 2011

The skills I have learnt when making practice music video...

Making our practice music video (lip sync)



When creating our videos we realised that it was much more complex compared then creating a film. This was because we had to make sure that our music was in time with my miming which was quite tricky and required careful attention. We used Final cut Pro to make our video. In order for us to get the song ("Respect" by Aretha Franklin) in time with my miming we had to create "Markers". For example when I sang the word "You" we had to press the letter  "M" on our keyboard so that the marker would be placed at that time where I began to sing a particular word We then had to make sure the markers where placed in line with our track so that it matched my miming. It was hard work but we managed to create and sync our video successfully! Below is our video.





When we were creating our video it was quite tricky. First of all I had to memorise the lines of the song, which didn't just take a couple of minutes! Secondly, we were given one very small speaker and the volume was very low and so when we played it while I tried to sing along to it, it was very difficult as I couldn't hear it properly and the environment we were in was quite noisy. We also had passer-by's walking in and out of our videos as we were shooting but we didn't really mind as much as we knew it was just a practice video.
Overall, I'm quite impressed with our music video, as it didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would and we managed to get the lip sync quite accurate.


We used Photoshop to create CD covers for our music video. At first, using the software seemed very complicated and difficult, however Melissa showed us the basic instructions of how to use it and after a while I got the hang of it. I selected a nicer plain background, used the text box to add in the title of our album, make a list of the tracks in the album and so on. I also used more complex tools like "the magic wand" to crop out certain areas in pictures that I imported and to make them look neater. I also used the special effects tool to edit some images and text. It was really fun making the CD covers as well as difficult as Photoshop is quite a Hi-Tech software. Below is a screenshot of the front and back of my CD cover that I created.





No comments:

Post a Comment