Tuesday 27 September 2011

(Reflecting Back) Preliminary digipak

This is the digipak that I attempted to make last year in AS; to create this I used Photoshop Elements 4.0. As you can see there are many weakness, which I noticed after getting feed back from my teacher in AS. I particularly found her advice very useful and I hope to incorporate it into my final digi pack this year. In the making of this I used a variety of PSE techniques such as, to change the background colour using the Paint Bucket Tool, add and modify the font/colour of text (Horizontal Type Tool) and to add images I used the magic wand tool.











Strengths of digipak:
·      Consistent colour scheme
·      Features barcode
·      Shows artist image

Weaknesses:
·      No artist name
·      No record label logo
·      No copyright info
·      Doesn’t contain any additional album artwork
·      Font does not match the genre
·      Very plane

 I have compared my preliminary digi pack with one we analysed in class (Florence and the Machine). There are many quick a few similarities between it and mine, it contains all three on the strengths of mine (stated above). It also has all of the things mine was missing (stated in the weaknesses’).



No comments:

Post a Comment