Thursday 22 September 2011

Asking Permission To Use Songs

Research for Music Video
Seeking Permission to use copyright songs

It is important that we ask permission to use copyright songs for our project before actually using it. If we do not, and the owner/record company find out that we have been using their music without their awareness, we could be in trouble! I'm not reallty sure yet of what song I would nwant to make a music video to, but I've come up with two potential songs I may want to use and so I have decided to ask permission from them. I have shown below how I managed to do this.

Song choice #1

'Change the way you kiss me' by Example

I really like this song, and after watching the video repeatingly, I think it could be a good song for me and my group to do a  music video to. I went on Example's Facebook page in order to find out his record company, to find out if i could contact him or his manager. I found out his record company is 'Ministry of Sound' and his general manager is called Mike Shiner. I decided to email his manager. Below is Example's Facebook page with some details.



As you can see, I've highlighed his managers' email address. I logged into my hotmail account and decided to email him. Below is a scrrenshot of my email.




He still hasn't responded to me, but hopefully he will!


Song choice #2

'Flashback' by Calvin Harris

This is another song choice that I think would be good to make a music video to.



 I went on Calvin Harris's Facebook page and viewed his 'info'. I got hold of his general managers email address and decided to email him. Below is a screenshot.




I do hope they reply to my email and hope that they do allow us to use the song if we wanted to use it to make our promotional package!

No comments:

Post a Comment