Tuesday 27 September 2011

Digipak

My digipak

The Photoshop tutorial familiarised us with basic functions such as croping, using the magic wand*, opening cd digipak templates and fonts. Although all being rather simple to use, photoshop proved to be quite stressing in that the simplest things from double clicking could abrupt you from doing anything, un highlighting options and making things inaccessible which was rather frustrating.
As illustrated I chose to take the typical approach of an album cover with the artists face bang in the middle with the name being really big . I altered with the opacity to try and blend all of the images together also to correspond to the album summertime creating the effect that the sun is shining down on me.
The way in which I got the images into photoshop was by opening them in a seperate window then cropping and modifying them then dragging them into the dikipak cover window. 

Three different tools used cropping to cut the unwanted majority of the image out, paint bucket - to fill the areas that needed colouring and the opacity to blend images.
 Overall I am pleased with the outcome of both of the tasks however if given longer time to get used to photoshop and develop ideas I feel that both could have been drastically improved. Next time I will assure myself to get the correct lyrics and use a better background on the digipak cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment