Tuesday 22 November 2011

Shivz

Shivz Dot
During sometime before we set off and began recording, I take part in helping East London artist Shivz with his music career, predominantly the visuals. If entirely necessary I could have used him for my own A2 work, however I met him after we had chosen the song and what not. None the less when I first met him and began helping him, I was with Shivs in the studio recording his song Winner and I thought it would be interesting to take pictures of the studio to reflect and compare to our own resources at City and Islington.
The keyboard and buttons used to record. Do not know the technical terms for it
A huge screen showing the sound waves and all other software, music related. accompanies by two speakers allowing the producer to feel the music.
The mic, sectioned off with a little booth. Very small scale to the booths of celebrities but equally effective.
A soundproof wall muffled by a soft foam which simply muffles the sound from inside of the room to the outside.
This picture shows me acting the role of a producer when really all I was doing was pressing start and stop for the instrumental to begin and Shivz to start rapping. This shows the role of a producer.
This web video of Tyga's Maybe is an in studio performance and we can see a multi millionaire's studio in contrast to the one Shivz uses. Not to mention the quality of his music videos as I went over in a previous blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment