Wednesday 2 November 2011

Details on what is exactly going on in the shots

Shots
These four shots entail me exiting in the early morning and beginning my journey onto the roads, which indeed was really early as all of us had to wake up around six/seven am to meet at my mums house around eight. It can be noted that I am formally dressed, however I am not wearing my tie as it formally should. This is just to connote that I have just awoken from a party and I am not completely dressed properly. This is accentuated by the shuffling of the blazer upon exiting the house. Just like AS, we got a series of different shots of the same things i.e over the shoulder shots and mid shots but nothing too extravagant like match cuts as is it is not a highly significant scene. Filming on Sunday really prepared me mentally for the shots we will be getting on Friday and Saturday (the party) as I feel many shots have been missed out. However the vast majority of the video will be of the party so we have a lot of work to do.
Located at the bottom of my road is Haggerston park, where we decided to stroll through on our way to Brick Lane. I noticed earlier in the A2 year that the park featured in a music video ( the song and artist I am not sure of ) and thought it would be worth while to get some shots in the park as the windy weather was blowing leaves off the trees and really embraced the autumn season. Neighbouring the park is Hackney farm, we didn't get any shots of animals but the sounds proved to be a distraction when trying to sing the song with a straight face. In reference to the weather, the fact that my top button was undone and I did not have a anything under my shirt I was cold, especially later on in the day as wind speeds picked up. So on Friday, I will assure to wear a t-shirt under my shirt.
Filming in Brick Lane proved to be eventful, not only was we welcomed with the surrounding coble streets but the lively festivities that were taking place. We happened to go to brick lane as the market was packed with its usual retro, indie people but there was a vast range of multi cultural food stands also in the market and we all unfortunately didn't have much money on us. None the less, Brick Lane was great and turned out what we wanted it to be . As you can see from the picture above, there was a lot of artwork that was not anticipated but still worked perfectly for us as it created a colourful backdrop for the singing. However, as Ethel pointed out saying that I actually look like a celebrity; we noticed crowds beginning to form around us as we were singing the lyrics which threw me off a bit as it became a show for the people of Brick Lane until they realised I cannot actually sing and the crowd dispersed. Looking at it from another point of view, proving we were doing something right as the crowd believed I was a real artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment