Friday 25 November 2011

Editing II

Editing II
Continuation of the editing screen shots.
A significant editing feature I was reunited with from the AS year, was the "Fade in fade out dissolve", which as the title reads, fades in and fades out. I saw it appear in a friends music video and it refreshed my memory that it even existed because before that I was razoring the tracks and individually changing the opacity to manually fade it out. Which looked very rigid, so by using this it made the transitions flow a lot smoother and just made me have to go back on my work and input where necessary...
 
... as shown in this screen shot above, we can see the last effect used was the fade in fade out, showing its popularity amongst my editing. The screen shot itself shows the beginning of the fast paced drop of the music so what I was about to do in the music video was begin razoring the song to the beat and deleting the blocks in between to make the clip jumpcut to the beat.
 
This screen shot briefly shows me marking the beats on the timeline mentioned. As you can see, it is a lot easier to hit the beat when you just have to mark the peaks of the sound waves. This also lowers the difficulty when coming to creating jump cuts.
 
 

In addition to modifying the speed, I also reversed some of the clips to really disorientate the viewer with the slow motion superimposition clips, just adding to the drunk effect. This made our video dynamic, and really interesting to watch.
The final screen shot shows the process of creating a jump cut, where all that was necessary to finalize the process was to drag the clips together to fill the gaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment