Wednesday 16 November 2011

(Production) Prep for Day3 Filming session..PARTY!


We are fast approaching our Day3 filming session so we are making sure that we have all the props that we need, i.e. alcohol bottles (For display purposes only of-course), a music playlist, party snacks and most importantly Red plastic disposable cups. I must admit; getting all of the props together was relatively easy, but the one that proved to be most difficult was the red cups. I searched online for possible local shops in which i could purchase them, this search proved to be quite useless as most of the search results that came up were for online shopping websites such as Amazon and eBay. As my search for these red cups was of no avail, I had to resort to my last option which was to scour the pound shops of Dalston Market hoping to find some. After a lot of searching I am pleased to say that I eventually did find the cups, the irony is; that it was the last shop I went to that actually had them. The reason why we felt that it was so important to get these cup was that through our research into music videos we found that red cups are a vital part of the MES when it comes to symbolising a party or a social gathering of some sort. 

Bellow are some examples of music videos that use red cups to do this: 





No comments:

Post a Comment