Wednesday 9 November 2011

Editing

Editing
The editing process is proving to be a lot more difficult than anticipated as we have so many clips to actually choose from and the fact that we have to select the correct ones to correspond to the lyrics mirrors the long road of the music video being correct in our eyes. As mentioned on a previous blog, I marked the beat of the song firstly to allow us to see where the clips need to be positioned and how long until the next beat or set of lyrics begin. The opening of flashback is a serene opening, lyric free and allowed me to go back to the AS year and just put the clips that suited the sound in any order by placing them next to each other, and using the razor tool, as well as modifying the shots to turn the very rigid, fidgety shots into still shots. Really capturing the stillness of the morning scenes.
Almost getting too carried away, I had to compile the base tracks on top of each other as you would do for a music video to razor and delete the scenes you dont want to create a perfect base track sticking to fast edits and different camera shots. It seems from looking at the base tracks that they dont mirror my initial ideas due to the fact that some clips I am smiling, some are not. I feel that the best compilation of shots we have are the ones where we are heading to the party and the actual party scenes and they are the clips we have most of so sticking to an alternative that has always been in the back of my mind. I am thinking to use montage editing to cover the vast amount of the song considering there isn't a huge amount of lyrics in the first place and just really stress on the fun at the party with little, minute amount of shots pointing back to me singing because we have a huge amount of shots!
As shown above, you can see the staggering amount of clips we have (subtotal of 288) and a lot of them are of party scenes and the narrative of us heading to the party. This is being edited alone in a lunchtime workshop so I will wait for lesson to show what I have done so far and get feedback and ideas to enhance the fact we have many party clips and little base track shots

No comments:

Post a Comment