Friday 25 November 2011

Analysis of rough cut

Analysis of rough cut 
The Nathan Miller - Flashback rough cut has finally been uploaded onto blogger. This video does not reflect the end product nor is it even finished. We just uploaded where we had gotten too so with no further adieu, lets analyse:

In between 00:06 and 00:07 the sudden jumps to the next clip is disrupted as there is a slight gap which just makes it run less smooth. This will be corrected in the next editing session where we will simply just extend the clip to fill the gap. Superimposition is used during 00:16 and it blends with a clip of a piece of art in Brick lane. Seeing as this is an introductory shot of me I feel that I should be revealed a bit more and not let the painting dominate so again this will be modified for the final piece.
During 00:20, the lyrics go 'I'm coming round and now my vision is so clear.' To relate to the lyrics, one of the basetracks is a close up shot rotating around me, this is used with the superimposition creating a distant reminiscent effect we wished to achieve, however the clips stops at the back of my head. It may be considered a minor offence but I just think it is a bit unofficial so this will be changed so it shows my face before it transitions into the next shot. The following shot sees me talk to two women (which was not set up XD ) and it is interrupted with the base track of me singing down Columbia Road as there should have been a little more emphasis on me talking to the women, not just rushing off onto the next clip. So the transition will be slightly milder and calmer to suit the steady beat at the beginning.
Through 00:35-00:37 there are two jump cuts just switching sides of me whilst filming at Barbican. This was perfectly synced to the beat but I personally dislike stationary shots and I feel that they just scream out student (even though we are) so I will take these shots out and replace them with more mobile ones. This also goes for the final low angle shot of me near the stream in Barbican. 
The basetrack concludes at the climax and this is the point where the montage editing will begin to the fast paced tempo of the song...

No comments:

Post a Comment